CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

13 Days Early

Good news from "The Land of the Arch,"

That's better than carbs and starch...

Let's all hoot and howl

'Cause Rhett Mitchell Powell

Will be born on the 9th of March!


I know March 9th isn't St. Patrick's Day, but when we heard the news, I still felt like dancing to an Irish jig and writing a limerick.

That's right my friends. We have an official induction date. Unless Kim goes into labor extremely early, we know that boy #2 will be born on Sunday, March 9th. That's 13 days before his due date. 13 is my favorite number, so this must be a sign that Rhett is going to be a pretty cool kid.


I also know that many of you out there do not like the name Rhett. All I have to say about that is, frankly my dear...well, you know the rest. Be glad we didn't choose Bruce, Earl, Melvin, or Dewey.

6 comments:

Joshua said...

cool... start the countdown....
thats got to be exciting... you know i am partial to the 12th - my day - so if you feel like waiting three more days.

meohmyers said...

Who doesn't like the name Rhett? I think it's a great name! I'm so happy for Kim to be induced that early! That's every 9 month pregnant woman's dream to just be unpregnant - early! YAY! I can't wait to see him. Hope all goes well. Love the music and the limerick! you funny.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

very creative poem! I know you're so happy to have a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck. I'm sure with a name like Rhett, he'll be very classy and talented!! BTW, tried the creamy cajun chicken and my picky guys slicked it right up! Thanks for the great dinner.

Brittany said...

I love the name and frakly it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks any way!!
I am so excited and will keep checking on for the update on Kim's delivery!

meohmyers said...

Less than a week away!!! Are you guys getting ready? Because the world as you know it will soon be turned upside down - in a good way, of course!

You HAVE to post tons of pictures right after he's born. No taking a blogging break, okay?!?! I can't wait to meet my new nephew!!!

Sara said...

KIM once again I have found you!!! Yay! this is Sara and I thought you were not in St. George anymore because I got your christmas card returned. I found you via Lisa and Nolans blog... CONGRATS on the new baby I am so excited and surprised. I LOVE THE NAME RHETT!!! (we are partial to R's) Good luck with everything and now I can keep in touch. Love Sara P.S. we have a blog if you want to check it out getsmart5.blogspot.com