CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 13, 2007

Congraduations Owen!














Owen has just recently graduated from swim lessons, and we are very proud of him.














Owen started swim lessons with no apprehension about getting into the water, but he was terrified to go under the water.















He started to get used to the whole thing by doing spider walks along the wall.














Then he did alligator crawls on the big step and put his face in the water.














He ventured out with the teacher doing motorboat swims.














And before we could say, "Don't pee in the pool, son," he was going underwater...














...and swimming all by himself.
















I guess we were a little late getting Owen into swim lessons compared to other kids, but it fueled my competitive side to see him display pure domination over the other puny toddlers in his class. Way to go Owen!

5 comments:

Chris said...

A few comments about this post...

1. Notice how pasty white Owen is compared to everyone else.

2. I failed to mention that today is Friday the 13th, my lucky day.

3. This is for Jeremy...I will not be able to do a review of the Transformers movie. I fear I will not be able to do it justice. I am a changed man forever because of this fine film.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Owen!!! Gram is so proud of you!!! You are a swimmer now for sure!! Next time Brock and Garrett come to your house we can all go swimming again!!

Scott Blog said...

It was a good movie. Tina and I are going to see Harry Potter tomorrow and expect big things from it. Also looking forward to the book. It will be exciting to read each others comments on our fantasy football teams dominance this coming season. Go Springboks! Would there be any way you could come down for the draft in person this year?

meohmyers said...

Good job, Owie!! That's so great to get his fears out of the way at an early age! Wish I could see in person what a great little swimmer he's becoming. Boo hoo. I'll miss seeing you guys next weekend. {sigh} We're super busy ourselves though. I don't think anyone has time to get together anyway. Hopefully in the fall, though! Love you guys!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, it took my kids until they were at least 5 to dare to put their heads in. Owen is a super toddler! I love the pool you're at, doesn't look like a city pool. I'm glad you guys are having a great summer. We just saw Harry Potter and I liked it. It actually helped me clarify that big confusing book. Keep having fun!