CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

July 17th Part Eight...The Heat is On





July the 17th
Eight years ago
I married a girl
She did not say no



We ran out the door
Our day was so nice
Look very close
There is no rice


















In Vegas that day
There was no breeze
The forecast was right...
113 degrees


Now in St George
It is still just as hot
I'm thankful each day
For the wife that I've got






Just like the heat
On that sweltering day
I'm with you forever
I won't go away


My heart will not falter
My love won't grow dim
Happy Anniversary
I love you Kim

6 comments:

Scott Blog said...

Aaahhh....You had me at July. Congrats to you both. I cant believe it has been 8 years already. Your marriage success reminds me of being the only person to witness your attempt to kick a field goal with a glass bottle at that gas station in Umtata on that fatefull day. Life continues and usually gets sweeter if we block out the bitter. Congrats. That bottle kick is still one of the funnier moments in my life.

meohmyers said...

Happy Anniversary guys!! Time flies, doesn't it? You two are such a loving and happy couple. It's refreshing to be around. Wish we lived closer!

What is Jeremy talking about?

By the way, you can put your comments in a pop up window so we don't lose the song while we're leaving a comment. You've picked some good music lately.

When are you going to Georgia? Did you get in touch with Dad?

Miss you guys!

Chris said...

Jeremy, you crack me up. That was a fateful, yet glorious day.

Kim, Jeremy is referring to the day I found out Stephanie was shacking up with that guy in the Taco Time walk-in freezer. We were in Umtata, South Africa on a payphone at a gas station. There just happened to be a glass bottle on the ground as I found out the news. It took the brunt of my anger.

I tried changing the comment settings but they won't take for some reason. Do you know a trick that I don't?

We're going to Georgia on the 25th. Dad is going to give us the same deal as you guys.

Chris said...

Kim, I got the comment thing figured out.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wait, what's everyone talking about going to Georgia? Are you guys all going? Loved the poem, Chris. Again, it reminds me so much of Tim. You guys have a creative writing gene.

Joshua said...

Hope the day was sweet.