CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rumblin' Bumblin' Stumblin' Tumblin'


Owen started his tumbling class today, so I thought I'd post some pictures that I took through a dirty racquetball court window. It ended up being a ward activity with a total of 9 kids from our ward. Kim had to work, so I was the only dad there. It's alright though. I got pretty used to being the only guy around after choosing elementary education as my college major.

Owen loved the class. He's a shorty compared to the other 3 year olds, but he kept up. I'm so competitive. I wanted so badly for him to do somersaults better than the other kids.



Here he is doing the crab walk. (Please excuse the shot of the instructor's hind quarters.)





Here's Owen hovering in mid-air. You should have seen him floating around the entire racquetball court.






Only one kid rolled from one end of the mat to the other without hitting their head on the wall. Guess who it was!...Some 5 year old named C.J.






This is a shot of Owen showing the instructor his ability to do that Karate Kid move where you jump to your feet from a lying position.






Owen gets his skills from Kim. I can't do anything physical anymore without pulling a muscle, slipping a disc, or having an aneurysm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, you are so funny!! Just let Owen enjoy the class!! He has lots of time to compete!! :) I think those little kids just starting out are so fun to watch!! It would make for some really funny pictures!! Tell Owen I want to see some of what he has learned when I see him at the end of the month!! He looks great so far!! :)

Joshua said...

dig the new blog layout colors. hopefully hasselback runs in a bunch of touchdowns on his own this week.

meohmyers said...

These pics are so cute! I love the one of Owie floating around the room! Hilarious.

SOOOOO Sorry I didn't call you on Saturday! I was in Portland at the Zoo. I know it isn't any excuse. Hope you had a great birthday anyway! I can't wait to see you guys in 2 more weeks!!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

It was your birthday? I mean, Happy Birthday!! We were busy partying for you! Hey, you sound just like Tim. I have to reign him in at the 6 year old soccer games yelling like it's the World Cup! But getting competitive about rolling down a mat? I'm seeing intervention in your future!