CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ultrasounds and Microwaves

The day has arrived. We had our ultrasound today. We know what we're having.



IT'S A .........

































HORSE!!!






















Man, I make myself laugh sometimes. Sorry. Back to the announcement.


IT'S A ................























































DUCK!!!











Wow. I apologize. This is totally uncalled for. Here, why don't you just look and see for yourself?

























Do you see what I see? That is not an eyeball and a tongue sticking out. That's an 18 1/2 week old poop chute and a male organ. Yes, indeed.

We're having another boy!!!








Here he is face down, smelling the uterine lining.











Here he is laying on his side, looking right at the camera. Notice his mouth. He just got done saying, "See you guys in March."




Everyone is a little shocked it's a boy in there. Don't ask me why, but we were all expecting a girl. I would be lying if I said we weren't a tad bit disappointed for a brief moment. We got over it quickly and realized how blessed we are to have another child at all. It could be worse. We could be having a horse or a duck.


To celebrate this momentous day, we went out and bought two more microwaves.


Actually, this has nothing to do with anything, but it's kind of funny. We haven't sold our house in Denver yet. We're renting it out to a military guy and his wife. We obviously don't want two mortgages, so we are renting here in St. George. The microwave that came with our house stopped working. Kim's brother, Scott, loaned us his old microwave a while ago. I put that one in the Cedar City store. When ours stopped working, I brought back Scott's microwave to our house. The property management people said they would try to fix the broken microwave. They couldn't fix it, so they left a new one on our counter while we were at the ultrasound. When we came back, Scott's microwave was missing. We thought they tried to fix Scott's instead of the broken one. We called the property management people to tell them they took the wrong microwave. They said they put that one in the garage. Kim tried warming up some food in the brand new microwave, but it did not work. I got Scott's microwave from the garage, and put it back in where we had it in the first place. Hence, the trifecta of microwaves in our tiny kitchen.

Side note... we are open to suggestions for names. I just don't want to hear any of that made up stuff like Colton or Cason, or last names turned into trendy first names like Carter, Carson, or Cooper. Those kinds of names drive me nuts. (Sorry if I offended anyone.)

7 comments:

meohmyers said...

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of another little boy! I was positive this was going to be a baby girl!!

Poop chute...you kill me! There's no doubt that's a little boy in there! Too bad the techs at Kim's work couldn't find it to prepare you a little!

I'll get right on that name suggestion! Having a "C" name yourself, you seem quite opposed to that beginning letter! Funny though, I have 4 out of the 5 names you hate in my preschool!

Congrats again! Owie a big brother to a little boy is just perfect. I can't wait to meet him.

Brittany said...

Another boy, Owen, will be in heaven when he arrives and he has a full time play mate. I wish I could offer boys names, but we seem to stick with the girl's in our house (with the exception of Chris).
Thank you for the good laugh this morning when I was looking at your announcment, a horse and duck, too cute!
We will wait to hear more.
Tell Kim we are soo excited for her and just think she is already 1/2 done!!

Chris said...

It was late last night when I did this post. After reading it again this morning, my word choice made it seem like we are upset about having another boy. I promise we are not. I was trying to say that we are lucky to be having another healthy child. It could have been anything (except a horse or a duck) and we would have been thrilled.

Anonymous said...

I don't feel so bad anymore for sounding like I was disappointed!! :) Just a little ticked that I have to start over after being half way done with a PINK blanket!!:) I am going to finish it though for future use, but I will really get started in a hurry on a boy blanket!!Like you, healthy baby, healthy mom...who could ask for anything more!! We are so excited and can hardly wait till March!!

Joshua said...

cool... another boy.
congrats

Anonymous said...

I vote for Cletus.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I know a Carter, Carson and Cooper.....I also vote for Cletus but just to be creative spell it with a k and an a...Kleatus...then he could be Kleat for short... Chris Marshall