CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sorry Christmas and a Crappy New Year

Blogging has been the last thing on my mind. After temporarily suspending two employees for a missing $870 deposit, and having three other employees quit on me, life has been pretty crazy lately. When you figure in all of the driving to Cedar City, I've been doing 60 hour work weeks. Kim is working full time as well to build up some paid time off for when the baby comes. That means Owen has been spending way too much time at the babysitter's house. Add in the stress of church callings, early contractions, (for Kim, not me), Owen once waking up in the middle of the night not being able to breathe, lots of dog puke, and no time to even give Owen a haircut, and you get a season that hasn't been too jolly. Hopefully things get better soon. (Thanks for sending all of the Christmas goodies Mom. That helps, except for the fact that I've been gaining lots of sympathy weight with Kim again.)




We did put up the tree and build a gingerbread house, so things can't be that bad.





Is anyone else as excited as me, Kim, and Owen to go see the new Chipmunk movie?

3 comments:

meohmyers said...

So did the $870 ever show up? I can't believe the horror stories you've been able to share with your employees. Seriously crazy!! I wish we lived closer. I'd love to watch Owie for you.

Can you believe all the goodies Mom sent? Those coconut balls were long gone like the day they got here!

My kids are dying to see the Chipmunk movie!! They can't wait to see it during the holiday break!

Hope things start looking up for you guys! By the way, thanks for the gift! It got here earlier this week!

Decided on a little boy name yet?

Chris said...

The $870 never showed up. I had a detective interview my employees, and they all passed the voice stress test.

The coconut balls were the first to go at our house as well.

We're still leaning towards the name Rhett Mitchell Powell for the new kid. I want Rhett Mitchell Quackenbush, but I don't think that's possible.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Man, I keep thinking your job couldn't get worse, but I don't think that anymore!! Good luck and I agree with Kim M. Move closer to family! :) We got the same gingerbread house kit as you and it gave us a few hours of needed kid entertainment time too. Keep your chins up. You've got a great family and that's what Christmas is all about. P.s. mom's fudge comes pretty close to the coconut balls as best ever candy!