CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Father/Son Campout

Owen and I got to go on a Father/Son campout this weekend with the ward. This was the first chance we've had to do one of these, so we were both pretty excited. (Kim and Rhett were pretty jealous. Mostly Kim.)

I guess we haven't done a lot of camping with Owen. He fell down a few times, got a few cuts, got a little dirty, and started crying. I told him that when you go camping, those things happen all the time. As soon as he accepted that fact, he went all out. He asked me if he could have his swords from the car, then proceeded to sword fight with any kid that would let him.


As you can imagine, every boy was obsessed with the fire, even the adult boys.


I can't believe Owen wanted to go to bed at 10pm with all of the other kids still running around making noise. I think he was pretty excited to sleep in the tent.

The next morning was all about dirt and grasshoppers. Notice the grasshopper on the letter B on Owen's shirt.
We also made marshmallow shooters out of PVC pipe and electrical tape. The kids got bored after about 20 minutes, then went back to hunting grasshoppers. The adults continued to shoot each other with marshmallows for the next hour or so. This is the best pose Owen would give me with his shooter.
We had a blast, and we both can't wait to go again next year.
(Kim wanted one last picture of her dirty boys when we got home.)

4 comments:

meohmyers said...

These are always Jeff's favorite weekends with the boys. So glad you and Owie had a great time! I love all the pics of Owie with his little dirty friends! And the last picture of you two is adorable, dirt and all! Can't wait to see you guys!

Courtney said...

Ha ha! I laughed so hard at how dirty Owen was! Why was he so dirty? They are really cute pictures!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted this! Now I know what I'm going to post about. But it will actually only be about 1 sentence. Oh well, glad you had a great time. Nothing like boys and camping. Great fun!!

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

Looks like you both had fun, Peter is excited to go next year with Brig!