CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Birthday...part 32

According to Blogger, this also happens to be my 100th post. I'll try and make it a good one.

32. Wow. I am old. I've been 32 for 2 days now, and I hate it. I apologize to all of you reading this that are over 32 years old, but this really stinks. I now need to spend extra time each morning plucking gray hairs out of the side of my head. I am having a very difficult time motivating myself to lose some extra poundage. My knees hurt. Owen is almost 5 years old, and I already have a hard time keeping up with him. My 18 and 19 year old employees probably think I'm out of touch with the world. I'm not where I thought I'd be spiritually by this time. I'm halfway to 64 now.(Sorry Mom.)

Even with all of these negative feelings about my age, I really can't complain. I have the best little family I could have ever imagined. I have amazing brothers, sisters, parents, nieces, nephews, in-laws, etc. I've got a good job. I have great friends. I have a strong testimony of the gospel. I just need to start fresh and get myself back in shape physically and spiritually. I need to be satisfied with one plate of food, not two. I need to make the time to exercise a little bit each day. I need to make time to read from the scriptures each day. I really need to stop being selfish and serve other people. I know what I need to do to be happy and not care about my age. The hard part is actually doing it. I'm sure I've bored everyone enough. On to the pictures:

Remember this?

Well, we did it again this year. I'm telling you, I just wasn't feeling the vibe for this 32nd birthday. No creativity at all.

Here's Owen one year later on the same redneck trampoline:


Notice how dreary the weather was this time? We only lasted about an hour because it was so cold and windy. (When I say cold, remember we live in St George. It was 57 degrees outside. Our bodies just aren't used to that anymore.)

Rhett's first trip to the farm resulted in this look on his face the entire time. He wouldn't crack a smile because the cold wind was making his eyes tear up.


We did the corn maze again.


We pet some animals.


Owen went down the redneck slide and rode the cow train again.



He also discovered a new tunnel and tire swing this year.



And we sat on some hay.


We went to Texas Roadhouse for a full slab of ribs, and Kim made me a delicious lemon cake this year. Here I am ending the night while talking on my cell phone as usual.

9 comments:

Richie said...

Happy Bday, Chris! Looks like it was fun. I'm sorry you feel old - you don't look it!

By the way, it has been about 57 degrees here the past couple days and my PE classes are out on the track for their workouts...what happened to you lightweights?

Kimmie, I love your hair! So cute!

MomD said...

You still look like a baby!! Be grateful you will never look your age!! :) You are actually at a very good place...right in the middle of being young enough and old enough to fit in with most any group!! My favorite age was 33!! It felt great, not old!! The old saying is true..."you are only as old as you feel"...some days are worse than others...the knee thing is hereditary!! :) Look how much you have accomplished...you are doing great!! You are a constant delight to your whole family!!! Smile...it's just a number!!

Shelly said...

Hey Chris and Kim,

I hope you don't mind, but I took a peek at your blog. It is so cute. I love your family. I have a blog too. You are welcome to look at it.

Shelly

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh for Pete's sake. 57 degrees? Try 37 with an icy wind. But carrying the 32 lb pumpkins worked up a sweat! And you need to watch "How to look good Naked". I know it's a gay guy with chubby women, but he gives great advice about body image. And you'd end up with great comedy material!! :)

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh yeah, Happy happy b-day!! A lemon cake sounds like something to celebrate!

meohmyers said...

What? No giveaway? Where's the love? I thought for sure with it being your birthday and 100th post we'd get something out of it. :)

Is that me you're talking to on the cell phone? SOOOO glad I remembered to call in time. Cute pics once again. Wish we could have been there to celebrate! Happy 32nd! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Are your nose and ear hairs grey yet?? That's when you know you're old... You know you're really old when you don't care enough to trim them anymore.

Happy birthday.

Alicia Leppert said...

Happy Birthday Chris! 32, wow...that is so old. I don't even hit the 30's until six more months. Can you even read this small print that I'm typing?

Anonymous said...

I agree with konrad. Until you start plucking grey hairs out of your ears and nose,(it hurts), I don't want to hear any whining.