CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Puking Pumpkin and...Spongebob?

I will start by saying that I take no credit for coming up with the idea of a puking pumpkin. In fact, I even copied a design I saw online. Kim's brother, Scott, also did a puking pumpkin this year, but I don't think he added enough puke. So here is my attempt at the puking pumpkin, with extra puke:


Kim, on the other hand, decided she would print out a picture of Spongebob Squarepants and then try to use it as a pattern on her pumpkin. Here is her result:

What do you think? I think it looks like the skull of a monkey. Feel free to leave your impressions in the comment list.

Owen was pretty pleased to help us with the pumpkins this year. Rhett was pretty pleased just chewing on the cord from the blinds as he watched us carve.


Our camera was acting up on us last night, but if you look closely, you can see puke coming out of the pumpkin's nostril. He felt better after I told him not to be embarrassed, because that happens to humans also.

6 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny. (Loved the part about telling the pumpkin not to be embarrassed.) I love the puking pumpkin, and that says a lot coming from someone with a ginormous puke phobia. And I gotta say, Kim's Spongebob totally looks like a monkey skeleton.

Anonymous said...

Umm...I change my mind. I really WANTED my pumpkin to look like a monkey's skull, not Spongebob.

Richie said...

No matter what Chris says, I see a great spongebob face in the pumpkin!

Way to go "purist" this year! He he he

Gillie said...

Having been on your doorstep recently, I can attest to the horror that the puking pumpkin inspires. I even felt slightly nauseated. May all the children be scared away and may you have all your candy to yourself!

meohmyers said...

That's a HUGE compliment coming from Alicia! This is a very clever idea for pumpkin carving! I love it! I may have to copy this one year. I'm glad Kim wanted it to look like a monkey. I thought it was a pretty good rendition of the sock monkey myself. Can't wait to see what your costumes are this year!

Shelly said...

Those are such cute pumpkins. We have not had the time to do pumpkins this year. We are such bad parents!!