CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Recap

Wow, I can't believe the holidays are over...come to think of it, I can't believe 2008 is over. It seemed to go by especially fast this year.

Anyway, we had a merry Christmas, even though we weren't able to be with any of our extended family.

We got an early Christmas gift when I was called off from work on Christmas Eve. I was planning on working all night and staying awake for Christmas morning, but instead I got to stay home!! So, we enjoyed our annual roast beef, au jus sandwiches in honor of Grandma Powell's birthday, drank some "spicy" apple juice (Martinelli's sparkling apple cider), read the Polar Express, read Luke 2, prepared cookies and milk for Santa, and 9 carrots for his reindeer. Owen was perfect and went to bed without any fuss. He was really concerned about being good for Santa and was excited for the next morning.

Christmas morning started about 7am. Owen was excited to see all the presents, and Rhett was excited to chew on the paper.

Here is a picture of them before we started opening gifts:


I am going to go cook dinner now, so Chris will take over from here.

Yo yo yo, what's up? Thanks for passing the mic over to me K-Dog. I'll try to keep it real, smooth, and real smooth.

So I have to mention this. Notice in the last picture that Owen is not wearing his Christmas pajama pants. Instead of sugar plums, he must have been dreaming about waterfalls, lemonade, or urinals.

Rhett had a blast all morning.


Owen got exactly what he wanted.


It wouldn't be Christmas without a dinosaur present. Thanks Nana and Papa. I think I had more fun putting these together than Owen did.

I don't know...do you think Rhett loves his alphabet train?


Random picture: Kim wanted to show off the wreath she made for the gingerbread house.


Rhett looks like an elf in this new outfit from Nana.



This is probably getting boring, so I'll wrap things up. Let me go see if Owen wants to say anything...


Nope. I guess he's busy.

We hope everyone had a joyous holiday season. Owen's birthday is tomorrow, so we'll post again soon.

3 comments:

Dave Harris Family said...

I am so glad that I still have your blog! I am going to miss you guys in the ward so much. I was glad to see Kim out in the hall as we were leaving church. We have to get together and play. Happy Birthday Owen!

Oh, P.S. That part about the waterfalls, urinals, etc, was so funny!! If Owen knew you wrote that, he would kill you though!!!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Just love those happy boy pictures!! Nick got a DS too. Maybe they can picto chat sometime. And we did the same gingerbread houses! Fun to know we're all having lots of the same fun even though we're far away.

meohmyers said...

These are great pictures! Looks like the DS was a popular gift this year. Santa brought one to Cameron, too. Rhett looks so happy! This was a great post.

PS. Did you guys get your calendar yet? Let me know when you do!