CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Tag About Chris

This post is in response to being tagged by Shelly.

So, anyone who has ever read our blog knows that Chris does 99.9% of these posts, and therefore always writes his own stuff when he is tagged. He is pretty hilarious, as you can read from THIS past post about himself. I however, am not a witty writer, so you are gonna get nothing but the facts. So, without further ado, here it is.

1. Where did you meet your husband? We met in Provo, Utah as BYU students. My best friend and roommate was dating his roommate. She thought Chris and I would get along, and she was right. The first time I met him he was wearing this blond afro wig and a red ski mask.



2. How long did you date? We dated for three weeks...I dumped him...then we dated again one month later for four months before getting engaged. In all, we dated for eight months before we were married.

3. How long have you been married? We have been married 9 1/2 years. Look how young (and skinny) we were!




4. What does he do that surprises you? Chris is a romantic at heart. He surprises me at every special occaision (Mother's day, my birthday, etc) with a handmade, original poem and card. I love them! Here is a sample of what kind of poems I get:



5. What is your favorite feature of his? I love his dreamy, blue eyes.

6. What is his best quality? He does all of our laundry. I am serious, he does. I also love that he is very dependable. If someone asks Chris to do something, whether it be for church, work, etc. He does it, no questions asked.

7. Does he have a nick name for you? Yeah, it's "scabe." Now before you raise your eyebrows and say WHAT? The story behind it is that when we were dating, we tried to call each other "babe" or "honey" and just thought it too cheesy for us. So, we rhymed "scabie flakes" with "baby cakes" and called each other that just to be funny. I'll be darned if that name has stuck. We've shortened it to "scabe," but we STILL cannot call each other normal, sweet names. I know, we are weird.

8. What is his favorite food? Texas Roadhouse, baby back ribs. He eats the full rack.

9. What is his favorite sport? It is either football or basketball. He loves to watch NFL football and participates in 47,000 fantasy leagues every season, but he also really loves to play basketball.

10.When and where was your first kiss? Hmm...the when part is a little sketchy. It was about a week after we started dating. The where? On the doorstep of my basement apartment.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We like playing games. Cranium, dominos, the Wii, etc. We make a mean team.

12. Do you have children? Two miracle boys: Owen-5, was conceieved after 3 1/2 years, with a turkey baster in a doctor's office, and Rhett-10months, was conceived after another 3 years, miraculously when we were in the process of adopting. HERE is the link to the post when I found out I was pregnant with Rhett. I still cry when I read it.

13. Does he have hidden talents? Umm...yes, but it is not something I am very proud of. He can fart on command. He is also threatening to teach Owen.

14. How old is he? He is 32 years old.

15. Who said I love you first? He did.

16. His favorite music? He loves Cake, Angels and Airwaves, Box Car Racer, Weezer, Johnny Cash, Modest Mouse, and Carrie Underwood (He loves her, not her music).

17. What do you admire most about him? He is so dang smart and talented at everything he does. He is the master of all games (maybe that is why I like to be his partner so much), and he plays the piano like an angel. He is also such a good dad to Owen and Rhett.

18. What is his favorite color? Blue. Definitely blue.

19. Will he read this? Uh, yeah! He pretty much does everything with our blog and checks it all the time at work when things are really slow.

I love you Chris, thanks for being my hubby!



I tag……Kim Myers, Julie Powell, Annie Kunz, Kristin Eaquinto, Jen Eaquinto, and Stacie Voyles.

9 comments:

meohmyers said...

This was great! I'm so glad he married you! You guys are perfect for each other. Chris, you'd think it was your birthday with this tribute! You are pretty incredible!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

ever since I got the naked post card from So. Africa, I've loved him!

Dave Harris Family said...

NAKED POST CARD?? There is more to this guy than we knew??
I love your family. I am glad to be friends with you.

Kendra said...

You guys are so Cool! i love how you write you are so funny!

Kendra said...

You guys are so Cool! i love how you write you are so funny!

Ricki said...

I love this post! Your husband cracks me up...he is quite the little character after you crack the shy outer lining! P.S. I cried too when I read your pregnancy post about Rhett. So sweet and so special to have it written down where you can remember the very day your life turned agian! I wish I had more of my thoughts written down from our adoption and the day I finally got pregnant.

Sarah said...

I love the insight into Chris. I'm so sad you guys aren't in our ward anymore. I would have liked to spend more time with you both. You seem like some fun kids!

And I loved the post about when you found out you were pregnant. Awesome. :)

raw mom said...

i about cried myself!! first off...you guys are so dang cute! i can totally feel the love you have for each other in your post! and that mothers day poem...to die for! i want one!! and then there's the pregnancy post...so so so darn special. he IS a miracle and i can only imagine the feelings and thoughts that were going through you when those tests were positive!! great great post, kim!

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

It's so good to read a blog by you Kim! I loved getting to know a little bit more about you two - you really are an awesome couple and have two of the cutest kids ever!