CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Updates, Nicknames, and the Forest

For those of you wanting to see updated Rhett pictures, here you go:

Rhett likes to show off his dance moves before we bathe him.





Here's Rhett showing us how fast his Adam's apple is growing.


Whenever Rhett sees me, he shows off his double chin. I think he's giving me a hint that it's time to start Weight Watchers again.


This is Rhett's preferred position of relaxation. We call it "the letter C."


Which leads me to the next part of this post...Rhett's nicknames. Rhett is a very difficult name to come up with a nickname for. Rhetty just doesn't sound right. Are you Rhetty to go? See what I mean? We tried turning it into Rhetty Spaghetti, but that didn't last. We try calling him the letter C as noted in the above picture, but that just gets confusing because the only C in his name is in Mitchell. I used to call him Wee One because he was so tiny when he was born. That morphed into Oh Wee One Kanobi, which sounds too much like Owie, which is what we call Owen, so that doesn't work. We've also called him Blast-o-Butter and Ford Exploder due to his impressive bowel movements, urine stream, and regurgitation skills. Rhett the Jet seems to be the one that has stuck the most. We have a little song that we sing when we change his diaper. It goes a little something like this:

Rhett the Jet
Gettin' things wet
With his pee pee.

Rhett the Jet
Gettin' things wet
With his poo poo.

Rhett the Jet
Gettin' things wet
With his pukies.

I'm pretty sure the boy loses a pound every time we change his diaper. Owen likes to sing along, but he doesn't get close enough to get blasted by anything.

As for Owen, he's on a major Star Wars kick lately. I think that's where Oh Wee One Kanobi came from. My favorite thing that Owen has said lately is, "Daddy, why can't the bad guys with the guns use the forest?"

So if anyone has any good nickname ideas for Rhett, please let me know, and...

May the forest be with you.

4 comments:

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

Oh my heck. My the FOREST BE WITH YOU That is the cutest thing ever. I love that Owen!

meohmyers said...

Still chuckling on that one! That should be Owie's nickname not Rhett's. "OWIE one kanobi"!

You'll come up with a great nickname for Rhett. Looks like "Pudge" might be a good one! That was one of Cameron's until he realized what pudge meant. Then he wasn't so crazy about it. But Rhett's just plumping right up, isn't he? I'm so sad I've never got my hands on him yet!!! But I LOVE all the cute pics.

Courtney said...

I don't have any good nicknames.. sorry!! I loved those pictures of him. I still can't decide who he looks like more... I think he has Kim's cheeks!

ganelle said...

Hey guys! It's so good to see you and your new little boy. Congratulations! He is darling.