CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 25, 2008

The Boys of Summer


The St. George Roadrunners are a local baseball team here from the Golden Baseball League. I'm sure you've heard of them. Or maybe you've heard of some of the other teams in the league, like the Yuma Scorpions? The Reno Silver Sox? The Edmonton Cracker Cats? Well, we went to the game last night against the Orange County Flyers. I called in to the local sports radio station and stumped the host with a sports trivia question, so he gave me 4 tickets.

Owen had a blast looking for the mascots. We're pretty special down here. We had two mascots to chase around. Saturn posed for a picture, but we never caught up to Reggie.


For those of you that don't know, yesterday was Pioneer Day here in Utah. It's a pretty big thing. It's almost as big as the 4th of July. I won tickets to the game on the perfect night, because after the Roadrunners won 15-7, they put on the longest and best fireworks show I have ever seen in my life. I am not kidding. It was pretty impressive. Owen couldn't control himself and was laughing uncontrollably for the first 5 or 6 minutes. Rhett was just as enthralled. We couldn't believe he didn't get scared with all the loud bangs. We were so mesmerized by the show, we forgot to get the camera out. This morning, I was asking Rhett if he had fun last night watching the fireworks show, and Owen said, "It wasn't a fireworks show Dad. It was a fireworks movie!"

Here's a picture of Rhett getting some sleep so he could be ready for the fireworks:


We had so much fun. I think we'll make this a Pioneer Day tradition as long as we're here in St. George.

Other blogworthy news:
Samsung is having a sales rewards program where you can earn points to redeem for thousands of different things. I sold enough Samsung phones to get Owen his first bike, and I also got Rhett a Jumperoo.

Yes, I actually put this thing together.

Rhett loves his Jumperoo so much, he even sleeps in it sometimes.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I loved all those cute pictures!!! Rhett is such a chunker! And is that a transformer bike owen got? I couldn't tell, but that's what it looked like.

meohmyers said...

Wow! What a great Pioneer Day for your family! I love Rhett's big bald head. Don't even get me started on how much I'm going to miss you guys next month... sniff, sniff... I can't even stand it.

I love all the pictures! You guys are such a cute family!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh yeah, nothing like a good sporting event for family fun! Rhett is kissalicious!! Does Owen ever get off his bike? He looks pretty darn excited to ride that thing! You are in the serious dad club now that you've constructed a bike. You only have to do a swing set and you're in the top league!!

Anonymous said...

I can't even believe Rhett is so big already!! I am just sick that you might not be able to come here!! It won't be as much fun withhout you. Uncle Duane is coming...he really wanted to see you too!! Pray for a miracle!! Cute, cute pictures of your whole family...I agree with Julie...a swing set is next!! Welcome to being the handy Dad!! :)

Richie said...

We were just there and Rhett and Owie have changed and grown up so much already!

P.S. Chris, nothing is more mortifying than having to "sleep" with one's boyfriend prior to getting married while surrounded by his LDS family! But then again, I did live with you guys that summer...man, what did you think of me?!

P.S.S. Kim, I did want to jump out of the car and run, but only because I felt pressure to come up with some crazy noises I knew I was incapable of creating. I didn't want my potential future in-laws to disown me from their crazy fam before I was even a part of them.

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

I love Owen's excited look with the bike. And I just wanna squeeze Rhett's cheeks!

happychow said...

Powell Family! So good to hear from you all again- has it really been nine years? Your boys are adorable- so good to see you all- I'll try to be better about keeping in touch- yeah, you're right, things have changed a bit for us too! :)

Amber