CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 8, 2007

Another Adoption Update

For those of you that somehow don't know yet, Kim and I are trying to adopt for our second child. That's how this blog started. I wanted to keep everyone up to date on the adoption process. So here's another update...

The first Thursday of every month, the LDS Family Services here in St. George hosts a support group/class/get together/etc. for adoptive couples, birth mothers, parents of adoptive couples and birth mothers, and pretty much anyone else that wants to come. I finally was able to attend one last night. (Kim had to work.) Three different birth mothers that had just recently given birth and gave away their kids spoke to us. I have a whole new appreciation for these girls. Sure they made a big mistake, but we all make big mistakes sometime in our lives. They had the strength and the courage to give away the one thing they loved the most, because they knew it would be better for everyone involved.

Kim and I have been extremely busy at work recently, and our remaining paperwork for the whole process has taken a back seat. We now have a new determination to complete everything as quickly as possible. So please continue praying for us, and I know I've said this before, but please pray for these birth mothers too. I can't wrap my brain around how difficult it must be for them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we are praying as a family for you and your birth mother. It is just a matter of time. Just make that paperwork a priority so the possibilities will happen!! You are just the most deserving family...I know it will be a reality!!

Scott Blog said...

Can do. We certainly wish you the best in your pursuit. We know it will happen and are excited for you. Any children would be lucky to have you two as parents. You know Chris I remember the bishops 16 year old daughter that got pregnant when we were in our old Provo ward. I remember how painful the process was for that Bishop and must have been for that girl. I dont know what ever happened to that child. Anyway we will keep praying for you.

meohmyers said...

You're in our prayers daily. We'll remember to pray for the girls too. I cannot even imagine giving up a child. What courage! Get on that paperwork!!!

Kris said...

Chris & Family,

This is krisnkrew from your sister Kim's blog. My dad worked for LDS Social Services for 30 years. He helped the adoptive couples get their paper work done. I know how much work it is, and what both the adoptive parents go through and the birth mothers. I pray everyday for people that I know that want to adopt a baby! Good luck! I'll tell Kim to keep me posted!!!