CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

This post is a couple of weeks overdue, but I still wanted to report on our most recent trip to Colorado. Kim's younger sister, Melissa, who just graduated from jump school, was able to come home from the Army on Memorial Day weekend.
This is Owen and Emily proudly waving their flags at the airport.

Ryley wanted to get in on the action too.



Melissa's birthday was May 11th, so we celebrated that a little late as well. This is a replica of her wings she received for completing jump school. (One of only 8 girls to finish.) She'll be reporting to Germany later this month as part of the
173rd Airborne.



Every Memorial Day, the Kunz family runs the Bolder Boulder, a 10K road race that has over 50,000 runners. This is Owen giving Kim a congratulatory hug for finishing the 6.2 miles.



The ladies outdid the guys this year.



Good job ladies!


Notice Rich, John, and myself are all in street clothes. Derrick is the only guy who didn't wimp out. Kim, Courtney, Melissa, Annie, JoEllyn, and Janice all represented!


We were sad we didn't get to see Scott while we were there. He was doing some training in California. Scott and Melissa, we're proud of you guys!


It was also Scott Kunz's birthday. Happy 31st old man! I shouldn't talk. That will be me in 4 months.


Derrick and I would also like to announce our engagement. We haven't decided on the big day yet, but we'll let you know.


I don't have any pictures of it, but Owen's favorite part of the weekend was sitting in front of his little DVD player, watching The Chipmunk Adventure over and over and over again. Thanks for introducing him to that Melissa. Thanks a lot. You were even so kind to give the movie to Owen when we left. Thanks again. I don't know how to thank you enough for having those songs permanently burned into every part of my brain. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

meohmyers said...

I love all the pictures!

Couple of questions for you:
When were you going to tell me about Melissa?!?!? I had no clue what she was doing!!! Seriously. When did she join the army? Good for her! Going to Germany? That's crazy!

Who is Janice?

Glad you found music to work. Did you get my email about the other music site? It's awesome.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I knew you had to have a good story behind the race! It was the engagement that kept you from focusing on the big run! :) Jeff was our chipmunks lover. I tried to throw away the CD so many times and he always ended up rescuing it! We may have to form a support group soon.

Scott Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. How did you finish in the 10k?