CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Happy Father's Day To Me


I had never seen the show 24 until about 8 weeks into last season. Kim was up in Salt Lake City doing Life Flight training. JoEllyn was in town to babysit Owen while I was at work. We flipped on the t.v. after Owen went to bed one night, and came across 24. Kim said everyone in her training raved about it. (Side note...One of the people Kim was training with was going to go to Trolley Square at the exact time of the shootings, but then she remembered 24 was on, so she decided to stay home and watch that instead. She says Jack Bauer saved her life). JoEllyn and I had both heard 24 was a good show, but neither one of us had seen it before. I was instantly hooked. I set the DVR to record the remainder of the season. I hate to admit it, but I have never been so involved with a t.v. show. I love it more than Ed (the bowling alley lawyer show, for those of you who don't remember). I love it more than Blake Lewis and American Idol. I dare say I even love it more than the Transformers cartoon from the 80s. I compare this addiction to my mom watching Days of Our Lives 20 years ago.

So being the wonderful wife that she is, Kim bought me seasons 1 through 5 for Father's Day. (They were on sale). I was done with season 1 by that Wednesday (1,152 minutes), and I am currently halfway done with season 2. Yes, that means I stay up until the wee hours of the morning. Ask Kim, I cannot stay awake through a movie anymore. When I am watching 24, however, I am wide awake. My man crush on Blake Lewis has vanished faster than a box of Krispy Kremes at a Weight Watchers meeting. Jack Bauer is the new man in town.

Man, I'm pathetic.

6 comments:

Scott Blog said...

Who are you working for!!!!!!! Sound familiar?

meohmyers said...

I've never seen this show. Glad you've got a new man crush, though.

Scott Blog said...

The following takes place between 8am and 9pm on the day of the california primary. Does that sound familiar? I have watched the first season. It was good but a little over the top for me. I dig Monk, Psych, and the Dead Zone.

Chris said...

Jeremy,
Not only does that sound familiar, it will be burned into my brain for eternity. The show is a little over the top, like when Jack survives a plane crash in season 2, but I still love it. I have never seen any of the 3 shows you mentioned.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I must be the last one not watching this, except kim. I'm still recovering from my "Alias"addiction so maybe by fall, I'll check it out. It's fun to have TV crushes! Good water cooler talk at work.

Scott Blog said...

It is terrible for me to say but I couldnt stand his wife in season 1. Kind of glad she got taken out by Nina.