CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Mind of a 3 Year Old


First of all, I need to apologize for such a terrible May when it came to posting on this blog. Having to cover shifts for employees, being sick for a week, and traveling to Denver for the annual Kunz family tradition of running the 10K Bolder Boulder left me with little time to be creative. I promise to honor and cherish this blog, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, to provide hours of entertainment for my loyal readers. Here's to a jovial June!

So I mentioned in my last entry that I would do a post about some of the funny things Owen has said lately. Being his parents, these words of wisdom are probably funnier to Kim and I, but I hope you enjoy them anyway:

"Daddy! Can I poke you with my sword? 'Cause you're my boyfriend!"
Owen has been infatuated with his plastic sword since Christmas. Since then, everything he picks up that is longer than his arm becomes a sword. He has become quite violent with all of his swords, resulting in many forms of discipline. I guess this question and statement was his attempt at rationalizing away the abuse he was about to give me.

"We say our prayers, we poop in the toilet, we pee in the toilet."
This was Owen's response when we asked him what we needed to do to get ready for bed.

"I don't want to be a pirate! I want to be Batman tonight!"
Imagine Owen screaming at the top of his lungs, tears streaming down his face, and hearing this proclamation. It was just a very funny thing to get so angry over.

"Look at you! You are mean! You are a Buzz Lightyear!"
Owen decided to say this back to Kim after she punished him for something. We were shocked that he decided to compare one of his favorite characters to a mean disciplinarian.

"The twister is going in my poopie, and it's giving me a wedgie."
Owen felt it was important to explain to us the effects of sitting on a hot tub jet.

"I don't like eye boogers, and I don't like hyenas. They killed Simba's dad."
Owen caught a little pink eye while we were in Denver, and this was what he uttered as I was pulling gobs of goo out of his eyes.

"I am the chicken! I am the chicken!"
(To the tune of "We Are the Champions") Owen got the words mixed up.

"I didn't drill you with my red drill."
Owen was so proud of the gifts he got Kim for Mother's Day. This was one of them.

"Heavenly Father wants you to have some nice, cold ice cream."
Bath time is always a treat in our house. Owen's imagination runs wild as he splashes in the water. In this situation, Owen put some of his bathwater in a cup and tried to force feed it to Kim.

5 comments:

meohmyers said...

I am laughing so hard right now! That Owie is hilarious! I love that he can have complete conversations at such a young age. What a smartie. My favorite is the twister going in his poopie and giving him a wedgie! Oh my gosh that seriously cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh and for finally updating your blog. Here's to a jovial June!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Nick, Jason, and I really loved reading these together. They really laughed at Heavenly Father wants you to have ice cream. They feel the same! Glad to have you back in the blogosphere. I know several other people that make a special trip to the Boulder Bolder. Must be a great race! Tell us how marvelous you performed.

Scott Blog said...

I love the randomness of how a little brain can jump from his dislike of eye boogers and then immediately redirect to his hatred of hyeenas. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I am on the floor...this is just too cute!! Owen's mind is an amazing thing!! Thanks for making me laugh!! Can hardly wait to see you next week!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.