CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Nurse, The Athlete, The Saleswoman???

I am seeing so many sides to my wife lately, I just have to share them with the world...


Everyone should know by now that Kim is a nurse in a newborn intensive care unit. What everyone probably doesn't know yet is that she is also now on the Life Flight team. That's right, I put on a shirt and tie every day and try to sell phones to mall rats. Kim packs survival gear in her cargo pants because the helicopter she's flying in could go down while she's saving a newborn baby's life. (Derrick, if you are reading this, I love my job. I just had to make a comparison for dramatic effect.)


Kim also decided to take up running again. She was an avid runner throughout college, but that hobby has been on the back burner lately. She entered a 5K race on Saturday, and finished in 32 minutes! Not bad for someone that's taken an 8 year hiatus! I, on the other hand, attempted to play racquetball on Friday night with Owen's babysitter's husband. Within the first 15 minutes, I was sweating profusely, gasping for breath, and trying to keep my knees from buckling as I was running after his underhand serves. He showed me one of his real serves, and I told him if he wanted any competition that night, he had better save that one for a few months down the road.


And finally, I was in a pinch this morning trying to get shifts covered at both stores. Most of the employees down here are college kids, and they all had other commitments. Kim willingly volunteered to cover the morning shift at one of the stores. Four hours later, she had sold 3 phones. That, my friends, is good stuff. This happened at our store that has been pulling in a whopping 25 phones a month, and she does 3 in 4 hours. I offered her a job, but she respectfully declined.


Side note...For those of you that commented on seeing Kim's driver's license picture that I talked about in the previous post, Owen got her to crack a smile, but it definitely took some work.

4 comments:

meohmyers said...

Kim - you are an amazing woman! I'm so impressed! You have exceeded all my expectations with my old name! I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kim!!!!!!!! You are W-O-M-A-N!!!!! I am impressed with it all!!! Congratulations on back to running...I know you loved it when you did it before...I on the other hand will just continue to stay on the couch and be envious of your effort, ability and determination!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Ok,kim, you are incredible!! What a rush being on the flight team! I'm officially a loser. I've wanted to run a 5k for about 3 years and I'm up to about 5 blocks now! Tim is also feeling the midlife shift. He felt so bad about his weight, he actually switched his sole lunch food from chocolate chip cookies to reduced fat ritz crackers! Now that's pitiful when Tim gives up chocolate! So keep up the good examples you guys!! You'll be the only ones healthy enough to take care of us! :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.