CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Zoot Suit Riot

So I have to tell about a very cool thing that happened to me. I helped a customer the other day get his phone numbers back from his ex-wife who tried to port them over to Sprint. He was extremely happy when everything was done. He said in his Armenian accent, "Chris. Come to my store and I will hook you up!" He owns an Italian suit shop here in town. I've been needing a new suit for a while now. The one I have is too big since I lost weight. Also, I've worn it so thin, you can practically see my skin through the material. So Kim and I decided we could probably get something around $200. I didn't know the likelihood of that happening in a fine Italian suit store, but we decided to go take a look. The final bill was $266, but let me list what I got...a $500 suit, 2 $40 shirts, 3 $50 ties, a $130 pair of Italian leather shoes, a belt, and a pair of socks. He really did hook me up. I'll post a picture in my new gear as soon is it all comes.

I may not have summers off anymore, but I never got a deal like that after a parent teacher conference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed about your parent teacher comment!!! Sadly, it is true!! Wish you could find a happy medium between summers off and working 80 hour weeks!! :) You REALLY did get hooked up with the suit!! Wish I could find someone who owned a travel agency that I couod help!! Remember me if you do find someone that offers a trip!! :)

meohmyers said...

That's amazing! Can't wait to see the pictures! You've had lots of luck since changing occupations. Who knew you'd be such an awesome salesman!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Hi Chris. This is the first time I've ever blogged. I guess you're driven to crazy things when you're home with the 2nd kid to go through the puke virus. It's great fun to hear about your lives and especially the lucky break! Watch out ladies (or nursery kids, it depends on your church calling)! We're praying for your adoption. My workmate just adopted after waiting quite awhile and it has been so happy for all of us. We all love little Emily! Take care and we'll try to keep in touch better.